Monday, December 28, 2020
In The News (30)
In The News (29)
In The News (28)
Saturday, December 26, 2020
In The News (27)
Friday, December 25, 2020
In The News (26)
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Andrew Yang Has Thrown His Hat Into The Ring
Andrew Yang is running for Mayor of New York City. And my first thought is, that is a great way to keep alive the national and global conversation around Universal Basic Income.
I do think he is a serious candidate. He has a greater name recognition than anyone else running. But that takes you only so far. He brings sexy to the race. But running NYC is nuts and bolts. I think the Brooklyn borough president is also a serious candidate.
I am left asking, what is his agenda? What is his agenda for the city?
His big selling point could be that he will turn this into the number one tech city. And, obviously, he would have to deliver UBI at the city level.
His big selling point could be that he will turn this into the number one tech city. https://t.co/V8MOHIJI2N @AndrewYang @scottsantens @mitgc_cm #YangGang #AndrewYang #YangForMayor @AustinIuliano @ProudYangGang @BBoxReality— Paramendra Kumar Bhagat (@paramendra) December 24, 2020
- Cash in the fact that you have more name recognition than anyone else and find ways to keep it that way.
- National brand name equals national fundraising.
- Rejoice that you have no footprints in city politics. Dems eat Dems in NYC.
- Let your top campaign promise be that you want to make NYC the top tech city in the world.
- Also, that you will offer a version of the UBI in the city even if only to the bottom 20%. That will be the springboard to your future presidential campaign. Never say never.