|English: Pix of the leader of a political party of Poshchim Bangla as shown in the Kakababu animation SOBUJ DWIPER RAJA. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Friday, May 16, 2014
Friday, May 02, 2014
|English: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee attends a news conference in the eastern Indian city of Kolkata September 7, 2008. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
On May 16 either Modi will become PM, or the country will go bipolar. A formal Secular Front might emerge. Yes, that could be its precise name. What brings all these non-BJP parties together? It is the "secular" issue. So that might as well be the name. You are looking at a coalition where the Congress for the first time is a formal, junior partner. And there is a formal coordination committee, and the government lasts a full five years.
All parties will not be equal. The coalition itself will have mini-coalitions inside of it. The Third Front will take the lead because the Third Front parties will collectively be bigger than the Congress. Mamata's Federal Front might bring together the three ladies.
So the Third Front of the Janata Parivar parties, the Left, and a few others, the Federal Front of the three ladies, the Congress, AAP, and others, and independents, together they could constitute a formal Secular Front.
Modi has run an impressive campaign. And I am not going to guess as to the outcome. Like I said, I will just wait for the outcome.
- TMC calls Modi 'hero of riot', Nitish says can't match his propaganda
- Sins in the name of secularism
- Mamata no 'paper tiger'
- Congress gave scam-India, while I will give you skill-India: Narendra Modi
- 7 Must Reads: Narendra Modi's interview with Zee, Mamata Banerjee threatens to sue Modi and more
- 5 Must Reads: Congress accuses Narendra Modi of Hawala links, Modi's responds to Farooq Abdullah's secession threats and more
- Mamata Model: Paranoia and vote-bank politics
- Ab Ki Baar! Modi Sarkar !
- Congress may back alternative front to keep Modi out: Karat